Acne is a very common diseased condition of the skin, where small pus forming areas appear on the superficial layer of the skin. Acne follicles are primarily inflammatory in origin. But in the later stages, it can be secondarily infected by bacteria. The pore of the sebaceous glands of the skin gets blocked by dead cells and bacteria producing the condition. Mostly adolescent people are affected by acne, but acne can occur in all age groups. There are several methods to get rid of this condition. Here we shall discuss about 9 foods to cure acne.
- Foods rich in Vitamin A – Vitamin A is a natural antioxidant. It helps in neutralizing free radicals from our body. Free radicals are formed each time any biochemical reaction takes place. And in case of acne, the inflammatory condition of skin produces a hefty amount of free radicals.
- Vitamin A can reduce the free radicals and helping our normal immune system to control the inflammatory process. Foods that are rich in Vitamin A are – Fish liver oils (halibut liver oil, cod liver oil), liver of any origin like beef, pork, and chicken, broccoli, carrot, pumpkin, papaya, mangoes, spinach etc.
- Antioxidants – while talking about antioxidants, we should know about the berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries are rich source of antioxidants. They also help in blood flow to the skin so that it gets enough nutrition. Omega-3 fatty acid is a potent antioxidant. Flax seed oil, walnuts, soybean oil, safflower oil are good source of Omega-3 fatty acid. This along with Omega-6 fatty acid helps in regeneration of skin epithelium and repair damage of the unhealthy skin.
- Garlic – according to Indian system of traditional medicine, a clove of garlic daily in the morning hours can prevent many diseases. Garlic boosts up our immune system, thus helping our body in neutralizing the invading bacteria.
- Water – instead of drinking alcohol, we should focus on consuming water as beverage. Daily intake of water over 2.5 liters will help our body in flushing out toxins.
- Fiber rich diet – colon is a storehouse of several toxic materials. The foods we eat get digested in our GI tract and the excretory product that is formed to be expelled from our body accumulates in colon as stool. Stool contains several noxious materials that counteract our immunity. By clearing our colon with some colon cleansing materials we can prevent formation of acne. Whole wheat bread, brown rice, bran, lentils, whole cereals are rich in fiber and help in colon cleansing.
- Aloe Vera – as capsules or as topical application, Aloe Vera gel is a highly effective ingredient to cure acne.
- Green tea – it is a good source of polyphenols which help in strengthening skin epithelium.
- Sea food – salmon, mackerel, tuna, Harding – all are rich in Selenium and Zinc. A diet rich in these foods also can help in successful cure of acne.
- Cutting down oils – oils are produced by sebaceous gland. If you cut down oil intake, it will be beneficial in management of acne.
Acne is an irritating disease that can occur in almost any person. These 9 foods to cure acne will help your face to prevent acne formation.
Tags: acne foods, cure acne, fiber rich food, foods, garlic, vitamin a