Headache can be medically termed as a response of nociceptive (pain perceptive) areas of scalp and brain to any external or internal stimulus. There are thousands of causes of headache. Each and every cause can produce headache in different magnitudes. Headache can be transient or it may be persistent. It may be trivial in case of external injury or may be severe in case of a migraine attack. Pain killers are good to treat any episode of headache, but they produce severe gastritis. Natural way to cure headache can be ideal if any person suffers from recurrent bouts of headache. Here we shall discuss about 10 foods to cure headaches.
- Water – this is the cheapest and may be most reliable food to cure headache. If your body is properly hydrated, most of the toxins will be flushed out through urine, stool or sweat. Water also helps in temperature regulation of our body through a complex mechanism in the brain stem. The amount of water one should take daily has to be calculated according to the atmosphere, the weight and general health of the person.
- Coffee – a strong cup of coffee can help you if you are suffering from severe headache. Coffee contains caffeine and it contracts the small blood vessels in the cranium. Thus the nerve endings which initiate the sense of pain also get hypo-stimulated.
- Tea – tea contains tannin. For the same reason, a strong cup of tea will also cure headache.
- Ginkgo biloba – it is a medicinal plant. The leaves and the seeds contain some flavonoid glycosides. Clinical trials have strongly recommended use of ginkgo biloba in those patients suffering from dementia and chronic headache.
- Banana – if you suffer from constant headache, you should include a banana in your breakfast every day. High magnesium concentration in bananas will help is successful cure of headache.
- Lemonade – a glass of lemonade or fresh lime juice with high concentration of salt can cure severe headache almost instantly. Intake of salt is not generally persuaded. But in case of headache, it acts like magic.
- Apple – denuded and seed free pieces of apples, each morning in your breakfast will definitely cure stress related headache. Apples contain bioflavonoids which help in reduction of blood pressure and thus reducing the incidence of headache.
- Black pepper – either in powdered form or mixed with vegetables, it can cure headache. Black pepper contains capsaicin and it can increase the threshold level for headache.
- Infusion drinks – herbal infusion drink can also do wonder. Mix some basil leaves and ginger pieces in boiling water. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes. Sift the water into a cup. Add 1 tsp of honey. Drink it warm. You will feel better. Antioxidants, selenium, magnesium and vitamins will help your body to rejuvenate instantly.
- Milk – warm milk has a soothing effect over our nervous system. For a nagging headache, you can take a glassful of milk with added sugar.
These 10 foods to cure headache can actually reduce the incidence of one of the most irritating diseases of our body. Along with adequate rest and proper nutrition, you can decrease the incidence of headache markedly.
Tags: 10 foods, cure headache, foods, headache foods